VOLUNTEER WITH US
Become a Praise Is The Cure® Champion!
In this busy world with hundreds of issues demanding our time and attention, we welcome those who have placed the needs of others above their own. In donating your time, talents, efforts and services, you not only make such a difference in the community but in the lives of individuals you support. During our annual Week of Hope, Health and Healing in October, Praise Is The Cure ® will reach over 10,000 women and families with breast cancer health information, provide health screenings, including mammograms and wellness workshops, sponsor a men’s health forum, and host our signature event, the Survivors’ Pamper Party, followed by a free and open to the public musical extravaganza.
Additionally, Praise Is The Cure ® continues spreading its message, by answering the call from other community-based organizations who invite us to participate in their events. These events allow us to share our information with community members in neighborhoods throughout the Philadelphia region. Our volunteers are essential in helping us accomplish our mission to eliminate breast cancer disparities among Black women by providing education, access to early detection, and other support services. Without our volunteers we could not do any of this!
Volunteers Can …
- Provide general office support including answering calls, making calls or responding to emails
- Recruit and/or register participants for our events
- Serve as an ambassador at community health fairs or other events
- Pack literature for distribution
- Research and write breast health tips for distribution
- Become a member of our Speakers Bureau
- Serve on the planning committee(s) for our events
- Help staff our community events
- Serve on the Board of Directors or Advisory Board
- Be an advocate for the organization and breast cancer awareness
- Provide public relations and marketing support, including our social media outreach efforts
- Assist with our fundraising initiatives
- Attend monthly meetings to learn about latest developments in fight against breast cancer, receive regular program updates, and fellowship with other volunteers
Volunteer Registration and Release Form
If you have a heart for serving others, the passion and dedication to make a difference, consider volunteering with Praise Is The Cure®! To become a part of our team, you may download the attached Volunteer Registration and Release Form. Please complete and return the form to the Praise Is the Cure office at 766 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like additional information, feel free to call us at 215-635-1902.
Be a Champion in the fight against Breast Cancer… small acts do have a ripple affect!